Epicurean Delights in the Lands of Great Wines & Alba White Truffles
This wine and gourmet tour in Piedmont leads you through the beautiful hills of Langhe, Roero, and Monferrato for unique scenery recognized World Heritage by UNESCO.
These lands are dotted with castles and manors steeped in rich history and surrounded by vineyards.
Here, the Slow Food Movement began and traditions are well preserved. An authentic territory with values of quiet life and free time, simple yet flavorful cuisine and world renowned wines still reign. The month of October is the best time of the year to enjoy this region; it is at the peak of the Nebbiolo grape harvest and when the International Truffle Festival in Alba takes place.
Learn all about the world of truffles through a truffle hunt and lunch with the “trifolao”. Enjoy private guided cellar tours and tastings at boutique producers of Barolo, Barbaresco, Nebbiolo, Dolcetto, Arneis and more. See the UNESCO cellars known as “underground cathedrals” in Asti for a tasting of their “metodo classico” sparkling wine.
Visit Grinzane Castle home of Italy’s great Statesman and now site of the Regional Enoteca and visit the city of Turin, once capital of Italy under the Savoy and see the majestic and royal palaces of this region.
TRAVEL WITH ME, on this incredible tour of Piedmont: Land of Truffles, Great Wines and rich History.
This gourmet tour in Piedmont can easily be combined with our extraordinary tour of Emilia Romagna October 23, 2018.
• 7 nights in a charming accommodation - no hotel change
• Visit the International Alba White Truffle Fair
• Private vineyard and cellar tours
• Visit a natural organic Piemontese cheese maker
• Private guided tour of the impressive 13th Century Grinzane Cavour Castle and Regional Enoteca
• Visit the Underground Cathedrals in Asti, a UNESCO a world heritage site
• Go truffle hunting and have lunch the truffle hunter and his family!
• Hands on cooking class
• Journey along the panoramic Langhe hills where Piedmont’s best wines are produced.
•Guided tour of Turin, Italy’s first capital.
•Visit the Wine Museum hosted in the amazing Barolo castle.
• Daily breakfast
• Gourmet and Authentic meals paired with local wines
• Full time assistance by Italia Dolce Vita on site