Culture, Food & Wine, Folklore & Festivals
Leisurely explore the sun-kissed hill towns of Central Italy and be seduced by the landscapes that have inspired the geniuses Raphael, Michelangelo, and many others.
On this journey, find the love and passion the locals have had for this land for over 2000 years which has given birth to artists, poets, philosophers and more. You will experience the culture, the food, and the wines these lands have to offer.
Visit the magnificent Duomo in Siena and the Basilica of St Francis of Assisi at dusk when the large crowds have left. See also the impressive works by Michelangelo, Donatello, Perugino, Giotto and Cimabue.
Stroll the streets and see ancient medieval towns like Bevagna, Montefalco, Montepulciano, San Gimignano as well as the Etruscan history of Perugia and the Renaissance architectural wealth in Siena.
Delight firsthand in exclusive experience like a vineyard picnic, a pecorino cheese making class, a chef-hosted farm to table cooking class, chocolate making lesson, truffle hunting, and learn techniques of affresco creation.
Enjoy exclusive cellar tours and tastings in boutique wineries producing Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, Vernaccia and Montefalco Sagrantino.
This tour features a visit to the Gaite Market of Bevagna, a historic reenactment of the 13th century way of life with craft workshops.
Join me on a one of a kind authentic learning honoring the culture of Umbria & Tuscany while staying “Under the Tuscan Sun” in Cortona, honoring the culture of these two magnificent regions.
LEARN, LOVE, AND LIVE the real Dolce Vita!
● 7 Nights in charming accommodation in Cortona - no hotel change
● Learn the art of truffle hunting
● Farm to Table experience and hands-on cooking lesson.
● Private guided tour of ASSISI at dusk under the amber lights - visit St. Clare and St. Francis Basilicas
● Experience the Gaite Market in BEVAGNA
● Lunch in the vineyards of MONTEFALCO
● Italian Chocolate making class in PERUGIA
● Expertly led private guided tours of Siena, San Gimignano, Arezzo and Perugia
● Unique Pecorino Cheese making lesson in the ideal city of PIENZA
● Discover the heart of Tuscany - the hills of Val d'Orcia
● Evening boat excursion on Lake Trasimeno
● Affresco making class in Arezzo
● Authentic gourmet meals paired with local wines
● Airport transfers at arrival on 06/16 from Florence or Chiusi Train Station and at departure on 06/23 to Florence Airport
● Leisure time
● ...and much more
Activity Level: Moderate Walking
You may wish to arrive before the tour begins, or stay after the tour ends and we would be happy to assist you with trip proposals . You may also consider joining another one of our tours.
njoy discovering the famous 5 villages and the surrounding areas from the stunning Gulf of Poets to Portofino in the Gulf of Tigullio.
On the way from the Umbria & Tuscany tour stop in the Maremma region of Tuscany, the wild west for a delightful SuperTuscan lunch! Also a stop in Pisa to see the highlights.